Seguimos buscando a Arshak. Ayudanos compartiendo!
Encuesta no oficial de docentes
Resultados de la encuesta no oficial de docentes
Probaste el SIGA Helper?

Donar $100 Donar $200 Donar $500 Donar mensualmente

Enviar respuesta 

Calificación:
  • 1 votos - 5 Media
Buscar en el tema
[Inglés I][Libre]
Autor Mensaje
tebb Sin conexión
Militante
Sin estado :(

Ing. en Sistemas
Facultad Regional Buenos Aires

Agradecimientos dados: 0
Agradecimientos: 8 en 1 posts
Registro en: Feb 2011
Mensaje: #1
[Inglés I][Libre] Finales y 1 más Inglés I
Gente, cambian el libre de inglés?? Me dijeron que lo van a hacer más jodido, con speechs y demás, cuando cambiaría la modalidad?
Saludos
18-07-2011 00:19
Envíale un email Encuentra todos sus mensajes Agregar agradecimiento Cita este mensaje en tu respuesta
Doushiyou Sin conexión
Suspendido

Ing. Industrial

Agradecimientos: 223 en 13 posts
Registro en: Dec 2009
Facebook
Mensaje: #2
RE: [Inglés I][Libre]
Puede que el cambio este relacionado a esto: Cambio curricular de IT

Puedo averiguar con mi profesora el martes.
18-07-2011 00:29
Encuentra todos sus mensajes Agregar agradecimiento Cita este mensaje en tu respuesta
Luciano.sz Sin conexión
Campeon del cubo Rubik

Ing. Mecánica

Agradecimientos: 1 en 1 posts
Registro en: Jun 2011
Mensaje: #3
Hola, lo de speech vendria a ser oral no??
18-07-2011 17:33
Envíale un email Encuentra todos sus mensajes Agregar agradecimiento Cita este mensaje en tu respuesta
tebb Sin conexión
Militante

Ing. en Sistemas

Mensaje: #4
claro, me parece que ya no va a ser más un comodín =P
18-07-2011 23:19
Doushiyou Sin conexión
Suspendido

Ing. Industrial

Facebook
Mensaje: #5
Mañana les averiguo. *anotando todo lo que tiene que preguntar*
Pasen por el thread que les dejé arriba. Gracias Heart

Dicho sea de paso, presentense a la comunidad, ponganse un lindo avatar e integrense! Derivados no me gustan (?)
(Este mensaje fue modificado por última vez en: 18-07-2011 23:33 por Doushiyou.)
18-07-2011 23:32
Encuentra todos sus mensajes Agregar agradecimiento Cita este mensaje en tu respuesta
Luciano.sz Sin conexión
Campeon del cubo Rubik

Ing. Mecánica

Mensaje: #6
Y todo esto bien definido a partir de cuando seria? Porque yo voy a dar ingles 1 este jueves
19-07-2011 13:15
Doushiyou Sin conexión
Suspendido

Ing. Industrial

Facebook
Mensaje: #7
No se. El cuatrimestre que viene segun me dijeron lanzan una demo. Como se hizo con el semipresencial de Matematica Discreta...
Estoy saliendo para Campus y de paso averiguo.
19-07-2011 13:16
aleixen Sin conexión
Empleado de Fotocopiadora
It begins

Ing. en Sistemas

Agradecimientos dados: 120
Agradecimientos: 6 en 3 posts
Registro en: May 2011
Mensaje: #8
yo doy ingles el jueves necesito finales urgente ayudaaaa!!!!XD

If you're afraid to fall, you fall because you're afraid, everything is choice . . .
20-07-2011 11:42
Doushiyou Sin conexión
Suspendido

Ing. Industrial

Facebook
Mensaje: #9
Yo tengo unos textos que te pueden ayudar, pero no se si sean del nivel de final...
20-07-2011 14:44
aleixen Sin conexión
Empleado de Fotocopiadora
It begins

Ing. en Sistemas

Agradecimientos dados: 120
Agradecimientos: 6 en 3 posts
Registro en: May 2011
Mensaje: #10
No importa pasame lo que tengas, seguro q me va a ser de gran ayuda, desde ya gracias!;)

If you're afraid to fall, you fall because you're afraid, everything is choice . . .
20-07-2011 19:41
Luciano.sz Sin conexión
Campeon del cubo Rubik

Ing. Mecánica

Mensaje: #11
Hoy rendi el final de ingles y lo aprobe pero el texto que me dieron era medio complicado, el titulo era "las primeras estrellas del universo".
21-07-2011 23:10
Doushiyou Sin conexión
Suspendido

Ing. Industrial

Facebook
Mensaje: #12
Si, suele ser muy genérico.
Por cierto, felicidades!!

Aleixen, no tuve tiempo de escanear. Se me jodio... Pero te dejo unos textos. Con los que practique que saque de una página de la UTN pero no la recuerdo XD

Un beso! Heart

LUBRICANTS

Julian H. Dancy in "Mark´s Standard Handbook for Mechanical Engineers-Tenth Edition". Avellone/BAUMEISTER. New York, p. 6.177

Lubricants can be liquids, solids, or even gases, and they are most often oils or greases. Liquid lubricants often provide many functions in addtion to controlling friction and wear, such as scavenging heat, dirt and wear debris; preventing rust and corrosion; transferring force; and acting as a sealing medium.

Engineers are called upon to select and evaluate lubricants, to follow their performance in service, and to use them to best advantage in the design of equipment. Lubricant manufacturers and distributors may have hundreds of lubricants in their product line, each decribed separately in the product literature as to intended applications, properties, and benefits, as well as performance in the selected standard tests. Lubricants are selected according to the needs of the particular application. Careful lubricant selection helps obtain improved performance, lower operating cost, and longer service life, for both the lubricant and the equipment involved. Industry´s demands for efficient, competitive equipment and operations, which meet the latest enviromental regulations, create continued demand for new and improved lubricants. Equipment manufacturers and suppliers specify lubricants that suit their particular equipment and its intended operating condition, and their recommendations should be followed.

Liquid Lubricants

A liquid lubricant consists of (1) a mixture of selected base oils and additives, (2) blended to a specific viscosity, with (3) the blend designed to meet the performance needs of a particular type of service. A lubricant may contain several base oils of different viscosities and types, blended to meet viscosity requirements, or to minimize cost.

WHY BOTHER?

David Crystal in "The Cambridge Encyclopedia of Language" -Second Edition.CUP, p. 153.

We are so used to hearing human voices from robots and computers in science fiction that the desirability of human-machine speech interaction is often taken for granted. However, this field of research has not been without its critic. The arguments have been based on several theoretical and commmercial considerations.

- The research (into speech recognition, in particular) is necessary to social needs, and the money would be better spent elsewhere.

- Speech interaction may be more expensive in running costs than using written or coded text. It is unclear and the whether these costs are outweighed by the advantages.

- The commercial demand for quick results has led to some poor-quality research and development

- The ability to produce hardware is now far ahead of the relevant theoretical research fields, especially in speech perception and acoustics.

- Speech input to machines will be unreliable for the foreseeable future because of interference from other speech in the environment.

- Routine speech input to machines leaves no permanent record, whereas written or coded output does.

The concern to make machines sound human is unnecessary. Sometimes mechanical voices are more easily understood, especially in noisy work conditions. And "friendly" voice systems may persuade non-expert users that machines are capable of more than they really are.

Many poeple do not like talking to machines because this suggest they have intelligence (a currently controversial issue, in its own right).

THE CASE FOR WIND POWER

Darrell M. Dodge, Littlrton, Colorado

http://telosnet.com/wind/#The Case for Wind Power

For human development to continue, we will ultimately need to find sources of renewable or virtually inexhaustible energy. It's difficult to imagine this, but even if we find several hundred or even thousand years of coal and natural gas supplies, what will humans do for the next 250,000 years or so after they are depleted? Even the most apparently "inexhaustible" sources like fusion involve the generation of large amounts of waste heat -- enough to place damaging stress on even a robust ecosystem like Earth's, at least for the organisms that depend upon stability of the system to survive.

We are engaged in a sort of world-wide biological experiment, with our descendents as the subjects. Our present habits of energy use are shaping an entirely different earth than the one with which we are familiar. When these changes begin to be expressed, there will be no one to preserve the familiar and there's no guarantee that things will turn out the best for our particular species. Some have looked ahead and seen this. But they usually don't get much support from societies that are too busy trying to "make do" and that are rushing backwards into the future -- in other words, every society on earth.

One of the areas that suffers because of this backward thinking is the development of renewable energy sources -- and the topic of this section: Wind Energy Conversion.

PREFERRED NUMBERS

C.H Berry in Mark´s Standard Handbook for Mechanical Engineers-Tenth Edition". Avellone/BAUMEISTER. New York, p. 8.215

Many manufactured articles are made in several sizes which may be designated by some dimension, speed, capacity, or other feature. Each such series of products may be paralleled by a series of numbers.

It is generally agreed that such number series should be geometric progressions; i.e., each term should be a fixed percentage larger than the preceding. A geometric series provides small steps for small numbers, large steps for large numbers, and this best meets most requirements. The small steps in the diameter of the numbered twist drills would be absurd in drills of 1 in diameter and larger.

In the case of sized objects that are used principally as raw material, .e.g., steel rod, an arithmetic progression may be preferred because it tends to reduce the cost of machining. It is desirable to be able to buy raw material a fixed amount (rather than a fixed percentage) larger than the finished article.

Preferred numbers is the name given to various series proposed to general use. These are either geometric progressions or approximation thereto. A geometric series is defined by one term and the ratio of each term to the preceding one. On the choice of these elements for a preferred number series, there is as yet no general agreement. The same value would hardly be satisfactory for all cases. The idea of preferred numbers is to provide a master series from which terms can be chosen to suit any needs.

A fantasy spaceflight

Make a wish and you can go anywhere. That is the reality for a new computer invention, Chris Partridge says.

Computers are about to take people to places they have never been able to visit before, including the surface of other planets. Such a trip will be an illusion, but one that comes closer to real life than anything on stage or screen. Artificial worlds are being built up in a computer memory so that people can walk through at will, look around, and even touch objects.

The system is called virtual reality, so called from the mathematical concept of an image that has the virtues of a real object without substance.

Virtual reality systems are being developed throughout the world for a range of uses including enabling people to walk “inside” nuclear power stations, while controlling a robot that actually goes into an area in which no human could live, and conducting architects through a computer-generated building before it is constructed.

British scientists have a world lead in virtual reality, despite the fortunes being poured into research by Japanese and American companies, which see it as a technology for the next century.

In Britain, Robert Stone, of the National Advanced Robotics Research centre at Manchester University, is developing systems that could put men on Mars without shooting them into space.
(Este mensaje fue modificado por última vez en: 21-07-2011 23:34 por Doushiyou.)
21-07-2011 23:23
tebb Sin conexión
Militante

Ing. en Sistemas

Mensaje: #13
yo rendi hoy tambien... mi texto safaba, era sobre acero inoxidable, pero habia otro texto sobre los trabajadores q no aprobo casi nadie, eso si, en la planilla vi muchos 10, muchos 9 y muchos 2 =P
21-07-2011 23:49
Eagle Sin conexión
Presidente del CEIT

Ing. Industrial

Agradecimientos dados: 1
Agradecimientos: 6 en 6 posts
Registro en: Aug 2009
Mensaje: #14
(21-07-2011 23:10)Luciano.sz escribió:  Hoy rendi el final de ingles y lo aprobe pero el texto que me dieron era medio complicado, el titulo era "las primeras estrellas del universo".

(21-07-2011 23:49)tebb escribió:  yo rendi hoy tambien... mi texto safaba, era sobre acero inoxidable, pero habia otro texto sobre los trabajadores q no aprobo casi nadie, eso si, en la planilla vi muchos 10, muchos 9 y muchos 2 =P

Felicitaciones por aprobar! Yo pienso darlo en la siguiente fecha. Qué nivel de inglés tienen? Habían dado algún examen conocido como para tenerlo como referencia? Usaron mucho el diccionario?

Gracias!
22-07-2011 01:17
yiy0 Sin conexión
Militante

Ing. Industrial

Agradecimientos: 0 en 0 posts
Registro en: Sep 2008
Mensaje: #15
(21-07-2011 23:10)Luciano.sz escribió:  Hoy rendi el final de ingles y lo aprobe pero el texto que me dieron era medio complicado, el titulo era "las primeras estrellas del universo".
a mi tambien me toco ese! ajaj era medio jodido, te juro que habia una oracion al principio que no tenia sentido, que tenia un According to, y dps un however , para mi lo habian escrito mal.

me saque un 5, pensé que era mas facil, habiendo dado el first.

habia un par de phrasal que en mi vida los habia visto .. leftover, wtf
22-07-2011 01:40
Buscar en el tema
Enviar respuesta 

Usuario(s) navegando en este tema: 1 invitado(s)